Feed on

Sachs Bridge was built around 1854 for approximately $1,500 by David S. Stone. On July 1, 1863, the bridge was crossed by Union troops en-route to Gettysburg.  Four days later, the bridge was once again crossed – but this time by General Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia after the Union Victory at Gettysburg. On May 9, 1968, the bridge was closed to vehicular traffic and became a National Historical Place on  August 25, 1980. Today it is open for public visitation.


Comments are closed.