Feed on
Posts
Comments

Transcend Paranormal: Edgewood Plantation

Located in Charles City, Virginia, is Edgewood Plantation, a 7,000 square foot Gothic-styled plantation house dating back to 1849. Once part of the Berkley Plantation, former home of President William Henry and Benjamin Harrison, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, Edgewood Plantation now operates as a Bed & Breakfast, and offers many more services.

Through-out history, Edgewood Plantation has held many roles. It has served as a church, post office, telephone exchange, nursing home and a signal post for the Confederates to spy on McLellan’s Union Army. The plantation house was also home to the first restaurant in Charles City, offering a one-room dining area. A grist mill, built in 1725 by Benjamin Harrison, is located on the grounds as well as a beautiful garden and gazebo. Edgewood Plantation is a National & State regulated landmark.

More information about Edgewood Plantation can be found here.

 

Comments are closed.